City Smarts parents night
City Smarts invites parents of 6th, 7th, 10th, and 11th graders to join us at Abbotsford Road Coffee (573 Sackett St.) on Monday, March 11th for Parents Night, an annual discussion that provides parents with straightforward, actionable directives on how to navigate the admissions process for both high schools and colleges. Light food and drink will be provided.
The event is absolutely free. Please R.S.V.P below, and feel free to bring a friend. If you're RSVPing for more than 3 people, please have them R.S.V.P individually.
Time – 6:30pm-9pm
HS Admissions – 7:15
College Admissions – 8PM
Location – Abbotsford Road Coffee (573 Sackett St., Brooklyn)
Cost – FREE, Light Food & Drink Provided
Parents Night R.S.V.P
The night features two important information sessions:
A Discussion of the Public and Private High School Admissions Process, 7:15PM
A Discussion of the College Admissions Process, 8PM
We will be answering the following questions:
• Which standardized tests would be best for my child?
• What are the recommended prep schedules for these tests?
• What scores are schools looking for?
• What is a realistic schedule for completing essays and other admissions writing tasks?
• What course of study should a student be pursuing in their last years of high school?
• What opportunities outside of school could be helpful for admissions?